What is the suspension system?
A vehicle's suspension system is responsible for providing a smooth ride and maintaining proper tire contact with the road. It consists of several components, including shocks and struts, coil springs, and control arms. These components work together to absorb the impact of bumps and potholes, allowing the vehicle to maintain stability and control.
Common suspension problems in heavy-duty diesel trucks
Over time, the suspension system of a heavy-duty diesel truck may experience wear and tear, leading to various problems. Some of the most common issues include
- Worn Shocks and Struts: Shocks and struts are the components of the suspension system that dampen the impact of bumps and potholes. Over time, they may become worn, resulting in a rough ride and reduced handling.
- Damaged or Worn Coil Springs: Coil springs are responsible for supporting the vehicle's weight. If they become damaged or worn, they may begin to leak, which can result in a loss of stability and control.
- Worn Control Arms: Control arms are responsible for connecting the suspension system to the frame of the vehicle. If they become worn, they may cause the vehicle to pull to one side or the other, resulting in uneven tire wear and reduced handling.
Signs that your heavy-duty diesel truck needs suspension repair
There are several signs that a heavy-duty diesel truck may need suspension repair and maintenance, including
- Rough ride: If your heavy-duty diesel truck is providing a rough ride, it could be a sign that the shocks and struts are worn and need to be replaced.
- Uneven tire wear: If the suspension system is not working correctly, it can cause uneven tire wear, which can result in reduced tire life and reduced handling.
- Pulling to one side or the other: If your heavy-duty diesel truck is pulling to one side or the other, it could be a sign that the control arms are worn or damaged and need to be replaced.
- Unusual noise while driving: If you hear unusual or abnormal noise while driving, it could be a sign of a problem with the suspension system. This noise could be caused by worn or damaged components.
Why choose Inland Truck Repair for your heavy-duty diesel truck's suspension repair?
At Inland Truck Repair, we understand that your heavy-duty diesel truck is a critical component of your business. We strive to provide fast and efficient service to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. Our team of experienced mechanics has the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and repair any suspension problem, including replacing worn shocks and struts, repairing leaking coil springs, and replacing worn control arms.
We use only the highest quality replacement parts and our mechanics are trained to work on heavy-duty diesel trucks and use the latest tools and technology to ensure the job is done right the first time.
Inland Truck Repair is dedicated to providing top-quality service and customer satisfaction. Our team of experienced mechanics is committed to providing the highest level of service and expertise to ensure that your heavy-duty diesel truck is running safely and efficiently. Whether you are in need of suspension repair or any other maintenance or repair services, we have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right.
Contact us today
If you suspect your heavy-duty diesel truck may be in need of suspension repair, or any other maintenance or repair services, don't hesitate to contact Inland Truck Repair. Our team of experienced mechanics is ready to help get your truck back on the road safely and efficiently. Give us a call to schedule an appointment today or, if you’re in the Orlando area, stop by our shop and see what we can do for you and your truck and trailer.